If you’ve been following the saga of my work this will be somewhat redundant. However, it’s humorous to see how county level government works. I will present in bulleted format: The saga of Brian’s Job.
- Early July – I receive a call for an interview at Ligon Middle
- I get offered the Job
- Human resources denies me the job on account of not having a technical degree
- I sigh and keep looking
- Principal calls me and offers the Job if I can take the Praxiss II in two weeks
- I take Praxiss II, scores don’t come back till 15 days after I start job
- August 15th – Start new job (Officially as a Teachers Assistant)
- I get more, and more, and more responsibility
- August 28th – I finally get My scores! Passed with flying colors
What now? I now have to quit my Job as a Teachers Assistant in order to be hired as a Technology Teacher. To do that, I have to take a 2 week unpaid training course so I can enter into the Lateral Entry program.
Then, I can finally be paid for the work I am doing – AND I have to take classes for the next few years to become fully certified as I will be provisionally certified.
Whew…. It’s hard working for the government.
On the bright side, I love the Job and the new opportunities it presents.
Anyways, I’m just really stoked that I passed, it’s really great not to have that over my head.